Home > Forum, Guestbook & Blog

Go Back   The Den of Discourse > Guestbook / Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21st December 1999, 10:56 PM   #1
Dave

My new guestbook

Hi everyone. This is my new-look guestbook. I was basically forced to set up a new one after our internet server crashed and burnt. Anyway, here it is... use it!!

Below are the messages from my old guestbook (1998 to 1999):

----------------------------------------------
  • Name: Anna
  • referrer: word of mouth
  • Date: 18 Nov 1999
Comments

well we have your girlfriend for dins tonight and look at the insight into your life we have obtained - scary really! you're invited to ours for Xmas Eve dinner if you're in the Bay. Just let your shiela know. Hope to see/hear you soon.
Anna
  • Name: Delinquent/Devious Aka Wendy
  • Website: um......hmmmm dont really have the time nor inclination.
  • Date: 21 Oct 1999
Comments

I laughed, I cried, I found myself totally absorbed & overwhelmed by it all(I know, I'm full of it!).... Tell Scratch(do we get a reason for his nick?),I couldnt find his pic.....does he have something to hide???? HA!HA! By the way Dave....I went to school with you.SCARY isnt it!Enjoyed your comments about your life experiences & the general ramblings... Cheers !
  • Name: lorenzo
  • referrer: search engine
  • Date: 08 Jul 1999
Comments

I don't know what i'm doing ,but I'm looking for a family that hosted me in 1994 for 3 months in Inglewood,Taranaki.I can't find them and they don't answer me when I send letters.What can I do?The family's last name is Smith and they are 3 girls:Shirami,Shiromi and Diantha;they live in Konini street.Have u an idea to contact them or to know if they are still alive?It would be great if u would send me anything,even one word!Bye
  • Name: Tony Vaz
  • Date: 04 Jul 1999
Comments

Searching New Zealand sites for links (not the Internet type) to a Jack Owens who imigrated to NZ by way of Australia from the UK in the 40's, 50' or 60's. His parents were John Glyn Owen and Nellie Irene Owen who lived in the Cheshire or Chester area near Liverpool. Jack also had a sister named Irene.
Any chance of a relation or an acquaintance?
----------------------------------------------Comments

Hi Dave! Your Homepage is great. (GOOD JOB) If you want you can visit my Homepage too. See the photos about my last trip around New Zealand and sign my guestbook if you want. Bye for now... Andre (maybe a future country man)
PS: Forgive me my bad English. I'm learning English since about one year.
  • Name: zoey
  • Date: 25 May 1999
Comments

Yes! Damn good site, Dave. How did people travel before the internet? It's so good to visit a rural Kiwi home from my desk on the other side of the planet. I look forward to seeing you again sometime. Kev
  • Name: Erin Mitchell
  • Date: 10 May 1999
Comments

Being a New Zealander who has lived in London for over 6 years now, I found this site a lovely touch from home. You can so easily get caught up in the rat-race that is London, that you forget how wonderful NZ is and how friendly the natives are!
An excellent website Dave, you've obviously put a lot of long hours into it. A huge credit to you.
Erin Mitchell Chiswick, London
  • Name: angela
  • referrer: somewhere else
  • Date: 05 May 1999
Comments

I found your website very interesting and your 5cents worth was very hardcase. I am at work having a very boring afternoon and your rather light reading I have enjoyed enormously, you have a lovely daughter and I will visit your site regulary to see wots up. cheers mate for making my afternoon just that little bit more exciting.ps I suppose I am what you would call a virgin net user this being the only place that I have the opportunity to use the net at work.
  • Name: vic
  • Date: 27 Apr 1999
Comments

i'll be parking my car in your garage again.
a deceptively simple beautifully constructed pad. the colours...the house...the copy...the layout....mmmm.
it makes me feel like judy garland...
follow the yellow brick road...we're off to see the wizard....lalalalalalalala.
  • Name: Erika
  • Date: 26 Apr 1999
Comments

You Have Done A WONDERFUL, FANTASTIC, PHENOMENAL, EXTRAORDINARY, REMARKABLE Job On Your Website! Very Bright And Cheerful And Informative. It Looks Like You Put A Lot Of Time And Effort Into Everything. I Especially Love The Backgrounds And The Words You Chose. If You Get A Moment, Please Stop By Ours. Please Let Me Know Of Any Updates To Your Site. I Will Definitely Return. Keep Up The Good Work. - Erika (ICQ: 36219502)
  • Name: Bodacious Clyde the Usurper
  • Website: not - wanna swap some marketing for a website set-up?
  • Date: 19 Mar 1999
Comments

hi Dave - fuck, man, cool site!
Wayne and mandy
  • Name: lorne r perry
  • Date: 22 Jan 1999
Comments

Auckland,Christchurch,Lyttleton been there.Wellington lived there a long time ago. Have been involved in radio and t.v. as newscaster,interviewer,show host etc.for quite a while,now retired. I loved that land,6 years ago I visited again and went to Waipu.If you haven't checked it out,you should. I'd love to visit again but loot is low but I work cheap if you need a good man,I can fill in till you find one. Best Wishes and I,m rooting for you "rooting" means cheering in this part of the world.I got in trouble with terms such as that when I was young and naive.Now I,m not young.
Lorne(RED) Perry
  • Name: John Bussom
  • referrer: newsgroup post
  • Date: 26 Dec 1998
Comments

Nice site Dave, If I could get my guestbook to look this nice I would be pleased. Happy Holidays. John
  • Name: Pearl Robinson
  • referrer: newsgroup post
  • Date: 24 Dec 1998
Comments

Thanks for your help, Dave. I hope you keep this site going.

It is a very good Web Site.
  • Name: Vee
  • Date: 03 Oct 1998
Comments

Found your site from the Voyager news letter. Congrats! Really enjoyed browsing it. Nice to read your views on life too! I'll call again sometime.
  • Name: Male Old
  • Date: 29 Aug 1998
Comments

Too bloody cold in Palmy. Going back to Proxima asap Watcha doing? Mums too shy to type something in here. Are we going to see you while we are here? Ciaran says wgtahcnfki?
  • Name: Bahram Zandi
  • Date: 05 Aug 1998
Comments

Your Web site looks good. Keep up the good work
  • Name: Andy
  • Date: 23 July 1998
Comments

Just zooomed in from Ravaani's place. Great Web Site. I must make my own one, one day soon. See you in Raglan some time. Andy

Dave, It's coming along great. We know it takes lots of time and patients. Tayla is one beautiful daughter. You should be proud. Keep up the great work!!! G&D
  • Name: Scratch
  • Date: 24 Apr 1998
Comments

Good stuff Dave! You must spend bloody hours on your PC!! Keep it up (the site I mean!!! LOL).
  • Name: Ravaani
  • Date: 21 Mar 1998
Comments

Cool!!!

Last edited by Dave; 13th March 2006 at 06:06 PM.