Home > Forum, Guestbook & Blog

Go Back   The Den of Discourse > Guestbook / Forum

Old 14th March 2006, 01:51 AM   #1
Dave
Your friendly local necromancer

About my Guestbook - Please Read!

Thanks for dropping in. Feel free to leave a message - to do so, go back to the guestbook page and click the "New Thread" button. You don't have to register but your message will need to wait for approval before it appears in the guestbook. Sorry - you can thank the spammers and other idiots for that.

Comment on any aspect of this site or anything else that takes your fancy. You can also reply to other people's messages.

I'll try my best to reply to messages, but please understand that I usually can't get involved in lengthy discussions.

Note: I like clean fun where everyone is happy. If you post messages like "Hey loser your site sucks" I probably won't want to play with you.
Old 3rd December 2006, 09:56 AM   #2
Deb

Just a quick hello from a fellow Kiwi...

Hi Dave,

I read your post regarding the guy who asked for help with his logo and am glad you spoke up him about having nothing to do with NZ (although he seemed to ignore what you said). I'm rather protective of it (NZ) myself, in fact I wouldn't even tell people about it when I was younger because I feared they would all go there and ruin it (over population, over development etc- you know, what almost happened or what some would say did happen to Hawaii). I was born in Auckland in the mid sixties. My wonderful husband and I plan to go together one day in the semi-near future (I feel I was saving my special 'return home' until he could join me)- we may even retire there when he finishes with the USAF. Just fyi, we have a sweet baby boy who is exactly one week younger than your precious baby girl.

How did I end up on the logo page? I started a small business here in the US (with Kiwi and part of the name) and will use a simple solid black drawing of a kiwi as my logo. As a born NZlander, I feel most entitled to do so. I read some of your page about your parents and they seem really sweet. Maybe my husband and I will get to meet up with you and your wife/girlfriend(?) one day.

Well, I didn't mean to ramble.

Cheers and TTFN,
Deb

Old 28th February 2007, 11:40 PM   #3
corinne

hello david owen

I googled Tokanui Hospital this evening and was checking out all the thingies i found and came upon your web site. I enjoyed your stories and wish they were longer.
I remember you, you had long hair and were decent to patients. I was asked by John graham to write a my memories of psychology at Tokanui cos I worked there from 78 to 94 as a psychologist, and it's made me cast my mind back to those days.
They were strange days. A male friend who trained as anurse at Kingseat in 74-75 said to me recently "It was insane, there I was at 21 in charge of a ward of 45 men, having to get them up."
It was insane, good at times and horrid at times. I'd be interested to read more of your reminisinces (?sp) if you ever get round to them, and have bookmarked your site.
I'm amazed your mum is still going, I used to get the kids of solo mum patients of my to go to her holiday programme years ago. She was lovely
Anyway, take care, regards Corinne

Old 8th February 2008, 07:59 AM   #4
Mike Paahana

Wassup From Hawaii

hello just stop by to say waddup everyone, Im mike da man from hawaii everybody no's me so if u ever in hawaii jus say hi