Home > Forum, Guestbook & Blog

Go Back   The Den of Discourse > Dave's Blog

Old 29th October 2007, 03:43 PM   #11
you #### make me sick

Originally Posted by bogmailer View Post
I am appalled the justice system tolerates and supports so many of these flaky "crimes against women" trials, just to appear PC to the media. Most of these so called put-upon-women enjoy no standing in the community and so are quite willing to use the establishment to cynically tarnish other peoples reputation. I think most people in the street, still in command of a working brain, will see their actions as either revenge or benefit motivated and fortunately jury's still reflect the public view. My feeling is, legal action should be taken against these litigants for their vexatious actions.
Because men such as the above are idiots, and do not understand what it is to be the weaker, sexually vunerable sex, who can be the victim of sexual violation at any time that a male choses, they will never understand how women feel. Women do NOT report rape for fame: that is the most incredulous, infuriating statement I have ever heard. This post is so ridiculous it barely deserves a comment, but I am sick of this chauvenistic #### that men have to say. Many women are the victims of sexual abuse and rape, and I commend those who are BRAVE enough to stand up for themselves, and put themselves out there, where they are often shunned and labled as liars, as what happened to Louise Nicholas. I was have been the victim of rape twice, once at fourteen and once at seventeen, both times the perpetrators were friends I knew and trusted. I never went to the police, purely because I was afraid of being in the same position of making people have to choose to believe them or me. We all know how that usually turns out. Rape is the hardest crime to prove, and the most damaging to its victims. What happened to me remains with me EVERY SINGLE DAY. It is with me when I have intercourse with my partner, when there is violence against women on tv, and it is with me when #### like some of those on this blog decide to comment on something that they have no #### clue about, and never will. Perhaps you should get yourselves arrested so that you can have a stay in prison, and then you might know what it is like to live with the sort of fear and vunerability that many women live with everyday.
Old 28th November 2007, 01:14 PM   #12
Angry ALso disgusted

I entirely agree with what you have said. Many women are sick to death of that kind of ignorant bull**** that women merely try to ruin the reputations of others....how ridiculous!!! Why the hell would they go thru all that for that reason...that is just stupid!!. If Louise's case had no merit the case would not have even been tried...it took the Police two yrs of investigating to come up with what they thought would be enough evidence to pursue this case but unfortunately it was not enough to convict those scum bags. It does not mean they were innocent of the charges only that the Jury was not able to come to agree it was beyond doubt given what evidence they had. It took the Jury 27 hours to come to that conclusion so why the hell would it take that long for them to decide if it was as open and shut as some men spout off. The Police do not go ahead and charge someone without believing they have the evidence to take it further, I mean why the hell would they. Her original complaints in 1993 was slept under the carpet by Dewar who has now been convicted of perverting the course of justice, for treating Louise so badly and for not following up her complaint....HELLOOO you silly men out there....dahhhh there must have been sufficient evidence to convict him on those charges!!!! He was just as guilty as those other jerks only they got off...shame.

BOGMAILER : how the hell would you know what the public view is.. have you asked everyone's opinion on this....NO.!! That jury was only a very small minority and did not in any way reflect 'public view'. It was those thugs that used the so called establishment and their positions to abuse Loiuse from a very early age I might add (she was 13 when the abuse started!!!!!) !!!! Last I heard having sex with a minor was against the law...the only injustice done was that the Jury was unable to find them guilty. God some men just amaze me.
Old 18th April 2008, 01:03 PM   #13
Barbara Hughes
Question The Cobb and Co

I lived and worked in Rotorua through the years Louise Nicholas was tormented by those we thought were here to protect us, I worked at the Cobb and Co Resturant and witnessed police having a good night out before retiring over to their own station to continue their good times with whomever they had managed to collect on the way, I witnessed uniformed officers leaving underage persons in the bar then returning when they were off duty in their civies only to buy drinks for these persons before retiring over the road to the station. The police officers were crude to say the least,I will scratch your back if you scatch mine seemed to be the motto they worked from.
Old 2nd May 2008, 09:24 AM   #14
I believe Louise.

The fact that these police men were in UNIFORM is surely enough of an unethical starting point?? Even if the sex had of been consensual it would have been a violation of power- those police men were older- in uniform and quite frankly, it must have been a terrifying experience. If people are objecting to the activists who distributed pamphlets (which are very relevant to the case for Dave's information) then why did they not object to Louise Nicholas been absolutely torn to shreds on the witness stand over irrelevant personal information?? She has been called and liar and far worse...

Did you know that the police actually contacted Louise Nicholas over the recent case? She had been to the police before but they covered up the allegations. Anyone who knows anything about rape and the criminal justice system knows that police only suggest cases go to court when they believe that there is enough evidence to prosecute. Enough said.