Home > Forum, Guestbook & Blog

Go Back   The Den of Discourse > Dave's Blog

Old 24th April 2008, 03:47 PM   #11
Lauren

Thumbs up Mark Inglis

he did all he could, and i dont think we should be judging him or anyone else on this...there were other climbers on the climb too! why is everyone focusing on mark? just because he has reached the summit of everest and other amazing achievements people pick on him. the other climbers with him are also credited with great things but it was their choice to stick with marks decision.

also, the dying man they found had apparently not equipped himself properly to ensure his safety. it is his fault, why should everyone blame mark for this?? a proper climber knows how to equip himself safely.

the man would probably have died anyway, i am sure mark and his team still wouldnt have been able to save him even if they had tried. they did their best.

Old 10th September 2008, 06:25 PM   #12
Unregistered

Exclamation I support mark!

Mark Inglis is a double amputee. There were many other people in his team alone, and many others had passed this man bfore him, when he might have been in a better condition. None of these people helped him, and it would have been easier for most of them! On mt Everest, its a 'care for yourself' place. mark simply didn't have the super human powers to have helped this guy. If you think he didn't even care, then read his book, 'Legs on Everest'.

Old 10th September 2008, 06:33 PM   #13
Unregistered

Mark was right!

Hans Krugger might know about simple climbing on Ruapahu, but on Everest its an every person for themself place! You're talking about all climbers helping each other no matter what it costs them? For Mark that would have been death. Read his book! He's a double amputee, for god sake! AND his oxygen mask was broken, AND there were heaps of others in better positions who could have helped him, AND he was allready barely concious, AND his team members and sherpa were urging him to move, if you stay still on Everest too long you freeze. If you don't beleive me, read his book, hat'll change your mind.

Old 9th March 2009, 04:30 PM   #14
TAMARA FROM ROLLY NZ

Smile Good On Him

Hi Im Tamara
I Am X Army
And Have Been Involved In St John Ambulance For Five Years Now Here A St John
We Teach That Your Saftey Is More Important Than The Patient Because If You Hurt Yourself Then We Now Have 2 Patients To Deal With Which In The Process If There Is A Fire And I Ran In To Save Someone Then I Got Hurt The May Not End Saving Me Or The Other Person/s Which Has Just Caused One More Death Than There Should Have Been.

Maybe This Will Change Your Thoughts!
It Only Makes Sense Really!