Curriculum Vitae (2002)
||David John Owen
||PO Box 4517
95 James Line
||mail AT dave DOT co DOT nz
|DATE OF BIRTH:
||13th April 1966
||New Zealand Citizen
Waikato Hospital Board, Hamilton, New Zealand.
1987: Psychiatric Nursing Registration
1988: Endorsement of Nursing Registration.
Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand.
1991: 75.102 General and Applied Psychology B+
Te Awamutu College, Te Awamutu, New Zealand.
1981: School Certificate Subject Passes:
-- English General Science
-- Mathematics German
-- French Physics
1982: University Entrance Subject Passes:
-- English Chemistry
-- Mathematics Physics
1983: Higher School Certificate Subjects:
-- English Pure Mathematics
-- Chemistry Applied Mathematics
Queen Elizabeth College, Palmerston North, New Zealand.
1990: School Certificate Subject Pass:
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS, CERTIFICATES, ETC.
-- Driverís License Class B (Private motor vehicle, 1981) & Class F
(Heavy trade, 1997)
-- Ford Advanced Driving School Certificate (1998)
-- First Aid Certificate (1984,1998)
-- Skills of Enterprise Course (1990)
1992-2000: Self-employed video/multi-media producer (Trading as "Wavelength
Occasional stringer for 3 National News
Part-time camera, audio, VT and vision operator for TAB Trackside Channel
1997-2000: Full-time video contractor for TAB Trackside Channel, including
directing, all OB operations, field shoots, external contracts and administration
1984-1987: Employment-based Student Nurse
1987 - 1988: Registered Nurse, Waikato Hospital Board
1988: Acting Charge Nurse (half-time, six months)
1993-1994: Registered Nurse, Hillcrest Manor, Palmerston North (part-time)
1995: Registered Nurse, Ranfurly Manor, Feilding (part-time)
1982-1988: Drummer, orchestral percussionist, guitarist (part-time)
1992: Full-time touring drummer
1980-1983: Kitchen hand (part-time)
1982-1984: Fruit picker (part-time)
1981: Vegetable retailer (part-time)
1989: Hops processor (casual)
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Almost twenty years practical experience with professional multi-media equipment,
- Audio engineering (from studio work to major outdoor concerts).
- Video production (from weddings to corporate work).
- Live multimedia presentation.
- Internet development and delivery.
A great deal of my personal time is spent studying media technology.
LEADERSHIP, PLANNING AND DECISION MAKING:
- Several years experience as senior staff nurse, including six months leading
a hospital nursing team.
- Five years experience as a talent manager.
- Have tutored professionally in many areas, including music, secondary school
subjects, and media work.
- Served a four-year term on the Waikato Anglican Youth Council. Regularly led
groups of teenagers on adventure camps and other activities.
- Three years experience leading TAB Trackside OB teams.
- Graduate of numerous courses and workshops dealing with communication and
interpersonal relationship skills.
- Many years experience in sales, including retailing, telemarketing, and active
- Have prepared and presented lectures on medical, psychiatric, and technical
- Have worked in group situations on research projects, task groups, business
- Many years experience liaising between groups of professional people.
Ten years experience with computers, including configuring and maintaining
Windows-based PCs with multiple devices, video/audio interfaces, and network/internet
I regularly use a wide range of applications, including:
- Video and audio editing (Adobe Premiere, Ulead MediaStudio, CoolEdit, etc.).
- 2D and 3D Graphic design (Adobe PhotoShop, Ulead Image Editor, Real 3D, Asymetrix,
- Internet development (HTML authoring, Microsoft FrontPage, FTP, etc.).
- Office applications (Microsoft Office 97, etc.).
Some websites I produce:
Wavelength Media: www.wavelength.co.nz
Media College: www.mediacollege.com
Te Awamutu Online: www.teawamutu.co.nz
The Race Café: www.racecafe.co.nz*
Daveís Place: www.dave.co.nz
- Have established and maintained a small business book-keeping system.
- Twelve months experience managing a hospital ward budget.
- Three months experience managing income and expenditure for a food retail
- Many years experience in preparing wages, PAYE, GST returns, etc.
Music: I have received music instruction from age five, and have
achieved competency on piano, guitar, drums / percussion, and various brass instruments.
I have been actively involved in many musical organisations, including Te Awamutu
Municipal Brass Band, Te Awamutu Light Operatic Society, Hamilton Operatic Society,
Waikato Youth Orchestra, and numerous rock/blues/dance bands.
Science: I have a strong interest in the physical sciences, especially
cosmology, astrophysics, quantum physics, etc.
Science Fiction: I have followed science fiction film and television
from a very young age, and have been actively involved in a number of science
Available on request.
* This site has since been sold.